The similarities between the “The Count of Monte Christo” and “A prisoner of Birth” are many such as the following:
- Cartwright is the first prisoner to escape from Belmarsh while Dantes is the first to escape from Chateau dlf.
- Sir Nicholas, a fellow prisoner teaches Cartwright to read, write and the manners of polite society, while Abbe Faria does it for Dantes.
- Cartwright escapes as Sir Nicholas on the death of Sir Nicholas while Dantes escapes as the dead body of Abee Faria.
- Both Cartwright and Dantes make use of a title after escaping from prison.
- Cartwright gets a huge treasure in the form of stamps from Nicholas’s grandfathers will while Dantes gets the treasure hidden by Abbe Faria.
- Both Cartwright and Dantes set out to exact revenge on those who led to their unlawful imprisonment.